Sunday, April 6, 2014

Best Elf Products


Elf products, available at most drugstores and Target, are cheap, easy to use and have clean and simple packaging. However, Elf products are a hit or miss and because of how cheap they are most people opt out, thinking the product will be cheap as well. Here are a few of the diamonds I have found in the Elf cosmetic line. 

Elf Concealer Stick 
A small, slim stick of cream concealer that goes on smooth and blends easy to cover blemishes. I found it easy to use; just apply a bit over the problem area and it practically disappears. I go through about one stick every month or so; not much comes in the tube but at $3 a stick, it's pretty much a steal. They have a liquid concealer also, but I prefer the cream. The only con, is that it only comes in two shades. Ivory and beige, I'm beige so I can't complain, but hopefully they'll come out with more shades so it's more versatile. 

Elf Black Cream Liner Pod and Brush
I bought this as an alternative to Maybellines' black cream liner pod and it can certainly hold it's own! It's just as dark and is slightly creamier. I do not like the brush however, possibly because I prefer my own brushes but I also find it hard to use because of how short the handle is but it would do in a pinch. It smudges easily so be careful during application. But definitely worth the $3 I spent. 

Elf Blush

As someone who prefers creme blush to powdered, I actually liked this product. It works just as well as any other blush, they have a pretty good selection, and it's only $3. Be careful not to apply too much though, it gets oddly shimmery when you do that and makes you look like Malibu Barbie. 

Elf Eye Shadow Brush
I have many brushes from different companies and brands, but this brush is by far my favorite. It picks up shadow well and is the perfect size and fluffy-ness for the eye lid. I use other brushes to blend and for other parts of the eye but this is great for applying the base shadow. And it was only $1! 

Elf Lip Exfoliator
So this product looks a little odd, it feels and tastes a little odd too. But it works decently well. I recommend cleaning the end of the lipstick after each use, the purpose is to get rid of dead skin, so naturally some of it probably gets stuck there. So I clean it just to be safe. After I wipe it off I make sure to put on Chapstick, then my lips are super smooth and hydrated. At $3 it's a good buy. 

Elf Eye Primer
For a night out, I recommend Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion ($12) but for every day use the Elf Eye Primer ($1) works really well. I use it to keep my eyeliner in place, I don't wear eyeshadow everyday and this works great for the little bit of eyeliner I do use. It doesn't work well for holding on to eyeshadow for extended periods of time but if you're like me and only use eyeliner, this is a must have. 



I'm in the process of trying new Elf products, every trip I make to Target I pick up one new product. Next to try is their lipstick! Feel free to send me your opinions or reviews on Elf products I have yet to try. Hope you enjoyed my post.  Leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment